Accountants, Treasury & Accounts Payable Jobs at a Reputable Electricity Distribution Company At – SolidHire In Nigeria October 2014
SolidHire – Our client is a newly privatized electricity distribution company, eager to recruit high quality and committed professionals interested in bringing their commitment, talent and focus to changing and developing the power sector in Nigeria. They are building a top notch team to ensure rapid transformation to ensure quality service delivery to customers.
Our client urgently requires a seasoned professional with exceptional ability and grounded professional experience to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountants, Treasury & Accounts Payable
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Category: Accountancy / Controlling / Tax
- Ideal candidates will be responsible for payment of salaries, developing and driving account strategy, for identifying and qualifying opportunities.
- Oversee all cash deposits, applications, and petty cash processes and procedures. Prepare paperwork for new accounts, and other treasury functions.
- Perform monthly close function including general ledger entry, account analysis, and preparation of financial statements.
- Provides support for biweekly payroll process including reconciling payroll data for posting journal vouchers to the financial accounting system.
- Coordinate monthly service billings and intercompany settlement processes.
- Perform accounting, regulatory, reporting, and financial assignments as required.
- Prepare audit schedules and provide analytical data to assist auditors as appropriate.
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures documentation.
- Federal and State tax preparation support.
- Serve as a backup to the Accounts Payable function.
- Provide support for power and gas commodity settlements activity, as required.
- Monitoring and preparing periodic reporting requirements for syndicated loan facilities.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience with at at least 3 years experience in audit (Internal or External) or related discipline is required.
- Big 4 Accounting/Audit firm experience preferred.
- Expert use of computer and internet especially MS Office Suite and outlook
- Applied knowledge of ERP and other Finance/Management systems preferred.
- IT audit experience an advantage.Bachelor Degree in an appropriate discipline, i.e. Accounting, Finance, Operations research etc. MBA or Masters Degree in Finance or other relevant field preferred Relevant certification such as (ICAN, CPA, CMA)
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2014
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Email your resume and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your name, the job title reference number as the email subject line.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.